Working at CHR
CHR has a strong history of collaboration and partnership. The Center is a founding member of the Health Care Systems Research Network (formerly the HMO Research Network), an international collaboration of 20 health plans and systems. This network developed and maintains a time-tested, Virtual Data Warehouse (the first “common data model”) that uses a federated data system structure. CHR serves as the data coordinating center for the VDW and staff are leaders for key data committees.
- CHR is a world-class, public domain research center.
- CHR’s extensive expertise in serving as a trusted database coordinator across partner institutions is a key competency.
- CHR employs nationally recognized investigators in conducting embedded research in support of the learning health system.
- CHR oversees a noteworthy Biobank that was initiated in 2011 and is the regional subset of the larger KP National Research Biobank, linking member specimens with patient-level electronic health record data.
- Our commitment to science across the research continuum is strongly anchored in our Clinical Research Support Services with over 120 clinical trials in 14 clinical areas running at any given time.
- CHR has centralized departments that provide grant application support, recruitment, data analysis and biostatistics, medical record abstraction, behavior assessment and change interventions, financial management, editing, and graphic design.
Throughout Kaiser Permanente's 75-plus-year history, equity, inclusion, and diversity have been inextricably linked to our mission. We know that having a diverse and inclusive workforce reflective of the communities we serve makes Kaiser Permanente a better place to receive health care, a better partner in our communities, and a better place to work.
Except for clinical trials, CHR has been fully remote since 2020. We anticipate using a hybrid model when our offices can reopen. However, residence in Oregon or Washington is required.